How much does it cost to send my child to Riverside?
If your child is 3 or older:
- A minimum day booking of 6.25 hours applies
- The first 15 minutes of each day will be $16; the hourly rate of $7.00 applies thereafter – however:
- 20 hours ECE will be offered free and no optional charge will be asked for. The $16.00 for the first 15 minutes will apply after the free ECE hours (maximum of 6 per day and up to 20 per week) have been credited.
- A discount of 10% will be applied to your total account if your booking is for 4 or 5 days a week (this is instead of a weekly rate).
- All food is included in the daily rate – however there will be no refunds if your child wishes to bring his/her lunch box.
If your child is younger than 3:
- Morning, afternoon or full day sessions will all be available as normal.
- A minimum of 3 hours per session applies with no bookings to start or finish during the lunch period – 12-1pm.
- Our rates are all inclusive – it includes all food, excursions and consumables.
- Our session rates are as follows:
- $7 per hour applies thereafter
- A discount of 10% will be applied if your booking is for more than 35 hours
- A discount of 10% applies if you have a second or third child enrolled at the centre.
One weeks’ notice must be given prior to a holiday, otherwise full fees will apply. Parents must contact Riverside by 8am to qualify for a sick day, otherwise full fees will apply.
Your child is entitled to seven weeks of holidays or sick days per year in total, based on your permanent booking. For instance, if your child attends three days a week, they would be entitled to 21 holiday/sick days (3 days x 7 weeks). Further holidays can be taken but full fees will apply.
Whilst on holiday or sick, 50% of your permanent booking will be charged per day for a maximum of 3 weeks at any one time, thereafter the Ministry of Education will stop your funding and full fees will apply.
- If you require care outside your booked hours but within our hours of operation (7.30-6pm), please contact the centre beforehand so we can ascertain whether we have space and staff. We will endeavour to accommodate you.
- If you are late to pick up your child with no notice given, 2 warnings will be given and recorded, thereafter a fee of $20 will be charged to your account for late pick ups
- Our centre is licenced to operate until 6pm. If you are later than 6pm to pick your child up, a late fee of $20 per 5 minutes you are late will occur.
All of our policies are available to read in a folder in the foyer at Riverside Educare